Thursday, April 26, 2012

Compromise


All my life I've heard about the inequality of women's athletic events being covered by ESPN and other stations, and surprising, unlike most fights with women, there are real facts to back it up. In 1989 coverage was roughly 5%, in 2009 it dropped to 1.6%. 

Amen.

The simple fact is, women only get coverage when there is a question of whether or not they have a dong swinging between their legs. Exhibit A, Brittney Griner. 



This "girl" has gotten coverage because she has the ability to dunk and her voice is indistinguishable from "fiddy" cent. I'm not embarrassed to say she most likely has a bigger dick than me and hopefully any human being, regardless of athleticism, who is 6'8 could dunk. 

I would like to propose a compromise to all the women out there. We'll get you're ratings up but you have to meet us guys half way. The fact is watching girls sports to most guys is about as entertaining as watching their friend get a colonoscopy, I'm sorry, not trying to be an asshole but its the harsh truth. 

For those of you ladies that don't know, us guys think about sex 30% of the day, so why not incorporate what we think about over a quarter of the day into sports. Well golly gee they already have this wonderful thing call the LFL or the Lingerie Football League. 


Yea some of the girls are beasts that shoot up in an alley with Roger Clemens, Barry Bonds and your random gym rats that you see  grunting and strutting around more than actually lifting weights. 

But most of the girls look like they wouldn't mind rushing for a touchdown on a 21 year old slightly out of shape college guy. All I know is if I woke up after a heavy night of drinking to attractive women in lingerie playing their version of arena football, that would sober me up quicker than dunks coffee. I think I can speak for everyone in America saying we'd rather watch that then the Tim Tebow Sports Center variety hour...

No comments:

Post a Comment